2019 Waco Cultural Arts Fest
October 05-06, 2019
Welcome! - Thank you for your interest in volunteering at this year’s festival. We are excited that you will be a part of this annual fun-filled event.
Time Commitment - We have a variety of shifts available, most lasting 3 or 4 hours. We are always short on volunteers, so please consider signing up for multiple shifts. We often move our volunteers around during the day as needs change, so you will probably get a variety of experience!
Volunteer Benefits - You are providing a great service to the community by providing the assistance it takes to keep the festival running. As a volunteer, you can have a huge impact on the enjoyment of our guests and the success of the event. All volunteers will receive a ticket for a free hot dog at the WCAF food booth each day that they work. Free water is available at all times when volunteering simply by visiting the hot dog stand.
Who Can Sign Up? We have a wide range of volunteer opportunities for ages 12 and upl We are one of the few places that younger people can get volunteer hours and great experience!
- Volunteers of 12 and 13 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the duration of their service.
- All volunteers under the age of 18 must turn in a hardcopy release form signed by a parent or guardian before they are allowed to volunteer.
- If you are 18 or over, you can give your consent online, or fill out a form at the volunteer booth.
How do I Sign Up?
To begin, click on the “Register Now” button on the right hand side of this page.
- If under 18, have a parent/guardian complete, sign, and turn in the Hold Harmless Agreement. (This step is not necessary for those over 18, you can sign yours during registration)
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your shift
- CHECK IN at the WCAF volunteer table located inside the Waco Convention Center, Texas Room South.
- Dress appropriately: wear the t-shirt (if received) given to you at check-in, comfortable shoes and sunscreen
- Bring money or a snack. You will receive a ticket for a free hot dog each day you volunteer, and unlimited water from the hot dog stand, but if you want anything else you will be responsible for purchasing it or bringing it with you.
- No alcohol, tobacco or foul language while volunteering
- Stay hydrated. Please help yourself to free water while volunteering.
- If you run out of work to do, please report back to the volunteer desk, they can always find something else for you to do!
- Smile, have FUN, and ensure that the guests to the festival have a great time.
Thank you for volunteering! You help keep the festival free for all to enjoy.
Confirmation for Volunteer Hours Worked will be available in the Festival Volunteer Registration Office located in the convention center. You may pick up a form each day at the end of your volunteer service.